Thursday, February 19, 2009

10 Ani Fa!!!


My mini missionary companion, Slla. Rossini a Milano.


La Mostra with Slla. Costa e Anz. Guastella!

Today 10 years ago I got home from my mission to Italy, Milano. It is so crazy to think it has already been ten years...but when I stop and think about what I have done these past years it has been a while.
I am just so grateful that I got to spend 16 months in Italy meeting amazing people and things. Learning a beautiful language, learning the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and then sharing them with those wonderful people.
They say that you can't truly put into words those feelings about a mission and it is so true. It was wonderful and unbelievable.
Everyday something reminds me of my time spent as a missionary for the LDS church in Italy... either saying some Italian word (they just sounds so much better than the english word), wishing I could cook like those amazing women there, reading my scriptures and remembering what I learned then and continue to learn. It was awesome. I am glad for what I learned and hope to be able to share with my children the truths of the gospel in everyday life. That is what we are here to learn on this earth. How to live our lives the fullest while following the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love Italy... don't know when I will return, hopefully sooner than later. When I stop and think about that place it always makes me smile, probably because I had the most amazing blessing to serve there as a missionary for the LDS church e il cibo e fabuloso! CIAO!

3 comments:

Jay and Rochelle said...

Loved your testimony,Kindy! Are you still in contact with any of your companions? If your on facebook they may find you.

Kari said...

I can't believe that it has been 10 years. I still remember going to the airport and no kindy!

Tiffany said...

Wow! 10 years?! So does that officially qualify you as an old lady? LOL That's awesome!!