Monday, August 24, 2009

Our July

After returning from Utah we had a typical summer.
Elena went to Swim Team at Litchfield Park Lagartos. She loved it and learned a lot in swimming. I was ever so grateful for the baby pool that the kids swam in during her lessons, also for carpooling with the Galloways.
We swam at the YMCA pool, where Elena and Natalie jumped off the diving board and loved it. Vern and I spent our early mornings working out at the YMCA.
The kids loved eating lunch or dinner at the neighbor school as the offered free meals during the summer. I loved not having to prepare and clean up after each meal. They loved the variety and the ice cream.
We visited the Heard Museum with the Rockwood cousins and had a great time looking at many different Native American items, watching native dances and making crafts. It was fun and best of all...free.
On July 22nd Vern and I attended the musical "Wicked" at Gammage Auditorium in Tempe. It was a great performance. After listening to the music for 2 + years I finally understand the story. It was wonderful.
Before we knew it summer came to an end at the end of July and Elena and Natalie were ready for school. It was a fun, relaxed summer that went way to fast!

No comments: