Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Good Day


I had a wonderful day yesterday and just wanted to write down some of the simple things that made it so great!
I got my songs back...last time we downloaded songs to our Ipod, only about 1/8th of them stayed on the Ipod. It was about 2 months ago. Why we didn't fix it then is a question we won't answer. Finally, Tuesday night Vern sat down with me and his computer and showed my how to get the songs back on. So yesterday afternoon I was finally able to hear all of my music instead of a select few. It was so good to hear them again. Now if only I would download the songs off of my high school tapes I would be thrilled!
The weather is changing for the better...my kids asked for jackets as they went out in the morning to jump on the trampoline...it was 72 degrees. The change in weather really boosts my spirits. I am sure it is how those in the winter zones must feel in the spring. I love everything about fall and it sure feels great outside.
The kids playing outside...Because the weather is getting nice, the kids are outside enjoying themselves and running off so much of the energy that has been building over the summer.
Growing children...Each of my children are amazing in my eye as they work hard at each thing they are working on. Elena is doing so many things on her own and loving Activity Days and playing soccer. Natalie is creating new things to do each day and enjoys being the oldest on the soccer team, hopefully it will help with confidence. Meghan loves her preschool and went on a field trip (she called it a vacation) yesterday with our friends without me and is acting quite grown up at times. Little Vern is talking so well and helping out when he can. He sure is an active boy. And finally Benjamin is thinking about walking on his own. He will now walk between me and the couch or someone else. He sure is a fun kid.
Young Women teach me so much...last night Hannah taught us how to draw a cartoon bird. It was so much fun and I am actually happy with my end results. I think I am going to teach my girls over Fall Break. The YW are awesome and very accepting of each other and us new leaders. I hope I can somehow help them.
A good mother-in-law. On her birthday she was willing to babysit my kids while I went to mutual and Vern had a school board meeting. She saved us, once again.

I am grateful for so much. I am also working on my 100% challenge from the YW and I love it!

3 comments:

Linds said...

I love "a good day"! Glad you have such a great one!

Stanford, Lisa, Annabelle said...

Kindy, young women's was fun, wasn't it? I am disappointed that you did not scan your bird artwork and post it with this entry (There's an idea for a time when you can't think of anything else to post.)

And, yes, despite all that I tend to complain about, life is definitely good. Particuarly when you can send your children outside to play and not worry about heat stroke.

Tiffany said...

You've had a lot going on lately!! I bet you're loving being in Yw's, huh?!! I'm also one that is thankful for the cooler weather:)