Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

A much calmer week. Yahoo!
1. I was at Costco last week with my boys and my two nieces (one is still in a car carrier). The cart looked full, even without food. An older gentleman walked by and said, "Looks like a cart full of love." That was such a joy to hear! I usually get..."You've got a handful." I now will view it as a cart full of love. So nice to hear.
2. In an effort to get Elena to play soccer I was encouraged by my friend, Melinda, to help coach her U12 team. It is so much fun! I truly enjoy it, even though I still have to manage my children on the sidelines. We had our first game on Saturday and our team scored many times before the other team...which is an old nemesis team to Elena. It felt good to do better than them. A little prideful I know, but so nice.
3. Meghan and Natalie both had their first soccer games on Saturday as well. They did well. It is good to see their improvements each year!
4. After soccer games we quickly ran home to catch General Conference. We truly enjoyed each of the sessions. Vern and I felt that they seemed up beat. I felt they talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and the need to study and read it well, along with the importance of prayer...we need to have a personal relationship with our Savior and Heavenly Father to help us in these days. We were super excited to hear about the Temple in Star Valley, WY. A second summer home for Wolfley's. Here is the link to find the different sessions of General Conference.
http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/10?lang=eng
5. We enjoyed a weekend together...rare, but really fun.
6. I was able to get the Halloween Decorations up on Saturday afternoon. I don't have a ton, but it fun to have them up...I almost forgot it was autumn. I love my little post that I made with my Wolfley sister in laws last week. Super cute.
7. Meghan was named Student of the Month at Corte Sierra Elementary School. We are so happy for her. She had hoped for this all week long. Natalie also got an award for showing good Citizenship this month...which was the Character Trait of the Month.

Meghan after her assembly
8. We got to clean through the boy's room for toys for our new nursery at church. New ward means we don't have any toys there. The boys did a good job choosing an entire bucket of toys to give away. I should have done this sooner.
9. The Phoenix International Raceway had a fan day today. I took Little Vern, Benjamin and their friend Cougar to go see race cars at a real race track. It was fun for them. SUPER LOUD, but they had fun. They liked the cars that had fire coming out the side. Benjamin spent most of the time with his hands over his ears and head in my lap. But when we left her said..."That was so cool." I suppose he saw something.

Little Vern, Benjamin and Cougar at PIR


Benjamin's position for keeping the loud noise out.

10. When we took Cougar home we got out just in time for a rain shower to come down hard. The boys had the best 10 minutes as the rain came down hard. It was awesome. Then after the downpour they played in the gutter and puddles. Three boys have never been wetter and happier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the wet photos! nothing is better than playing in the rain.