Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ten for Tuesday

A little catch up.
1. Halloween was lots of fun...and it included many activities. Friends parties, Ward Trunk of Treat, Preschool Party, School Party and Trick or Treating. The kids got a ton of candy (more than I ever got total in my young life of trick or treating). They are still working at it today. Best part was that I didn't use all of my candy so Christmas is already set.


Our Fabulous Five!

Benjamin the morning after our ward Trunk or Treat...Sugar Comatose
2. I started going to a boot camp once a week at a friends home. It is fun. I would go more, but her times are when I go running...and running is super important to me.
3.Speaking of running we had our first Ragnar Team meeting. It was fun to meet together again and get excited. So much fun that they all know what to expect and that makes them more excited. We had a new runner join us this year...Blaine Wiggins. We hope he enjoys it the way we all have! Only 3 1/2 months until Del Sol!
4. Vern is doing a great job on his weight loss. He is at 44 lbs. as of last Wednesday (11/2). It is so great to see him successful. He is wearing pants he hasn't worn in some time. If you see him just give a good thumbs up!
5. Staying on Vern he had a great hike with a rifle last week with his dad. They were drawn to go deer hunting last weekend in area 20C. They left Thursday morning with great plans to get a deer. The kids were hoping for another deer to come home, with its tongue hanging out. Well they hiked Thursday afternoon and saw nothing. On Friday morning when the hunt began they walked and walked, but saw NO Deer or signs of deer. With a giant windstorm on the way and a rain/snow storm approaching they came home early. Sad for them...glad for us to have Dad home. Here's hoping for a better area next year...since they saw nothing last year as well.
6. On Saturday, my three friends, Cynthia, Diena and Kelly and I ran in a mud run. It was super cold, but we had so much fun. The water events were by far the best, even crawling in the water/mud. The nice part was since there were over 2000 people involved there was no feel for the need to feel competitive so we enjoyed ourselves. We climbed 4 walls with ropes and climbed 4 walls with no ropes. We were a great team in Orange and cool socks!



Me jumping over the last wall!

Hurray! We Did It!
7. So glad that fall has arrived here. I love wearing my sweatshirts and slippers in the morning. The weather is perfect for running in the morning.
8. Our home is full during the day. I am grateful for great children that help me out.
9. Two weeks left of soccer and I am truly enjoy helping as an assistant coach for Elena's team. She doesn't seem to bother either. I love our league because such nice kids and parents participate. They are great supporters and the kids a good sports.
10. This month for our family thoughts before dinner the kids say what they are thankful for...it is fun to hear their responses. Especially the first day Benjamin said...TV without even thinking:) Gotta love their true thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go Vern! I must admit I threw away all of my kids candy. I'm terrible but I know if it is in the house I will eat it.