Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10 for Tuesday - Things I learned from General Conference

I thought I would write down 10 things I learned or was impressed to remember from our Church Leaders from General Conference.
1. New mission age for YM and YW...It looks like there is a great work about to take place and there is a need for more righteous YM and YW to serve.
2. Take a step back and look at blessings to find happiness!  Never Postpone a prompting - President Monson
3. Change your To Do List so you can follow an impression. - Elder Gonzalez
4. Submit our wills to His and not create a pavilion to hide us - in other words don't create things to hide from the real things Heavenly Father and Jesus need me to do. - Pres. Eyring
5.  Spend meaningful time with those you love...don't dip your toe in the water and say you swam...Be Happier now...see more with your heart than your eyes - Pres. Uchtdorf
6.  Brightly Beams our Fathers Mercy...the Atonement wipes everything clean...repent now and receive the blessings. - Pres. Packer.
7.  Create a Stronger Family Cultures
  • Pray in earnest for love, understanding to guide my children
  • Have FHE, Family Dinner, Family Scriptures
  • Use the church support network
  • Share my testimony often to  my family
  • Have clear, simple rules, traditions, family economics
  • Teach by example and precept
8.  Don't fear missionaries...learn from them. - Elder Nelson
9.  Have Love and Loyalty in every stage of life towards Jesus Christ!  Do I show that I love Him always - Elder Holland
10.  First Observe...then Serve - Sis. Burton

Now, it is my goal to follow through on those things I have learned.  I am so grateful for my testimony in the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that through Jesus Christ we can return to live with Him and our loved ones again.  I love my family so much and I am so grateful everyday for them...both my personal family and extended family and ward family.  I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this list. Can't wait to go back and listen/read so I can get my own inspiration.

Kari said...

love your thought! So glad you guys had a great time in the cooler weather!

Kari said...

love you thoughts - trying to post but am having a hard timw reading the words I am supposed to type.