Thanks to my family I got to celebrate my 33 1/3rd birthday last Friday. My sister Kris learned three years ago that I like surprises and thought that I should have a surprise birthday party for my 33 1/3 birthday! It was a great surprise and I loved it.
Vern told me that he wanted to go out for dinner on Saturday night with the entire family. (That should have given me warning signs because last May we did that and we haven't since because it was so crazy) We left the house , but turned the wrong direction for the restaurant. I tried to tell him he was going the wrong way, but he thought a new one was open. So, instead of trusting my husband I called my two sisters in Mesa to ask them to get the address from the Internet. Neither are at home. Then I call my sister, Karen, in Vegas and she checks things out for me. At this time Vern starts to pull into Goodyear park and says "I'm just turning around." I assume he has realized that I was right and he was wrong. But he parks the car and gets out of the car. As we get out, my sister-in-law is in the parking lot and asks if I know why I was there. I say "no" and she says."oh" . So after a stop at the restroom for the child that was told to go before we left the house. We walk over to a pavilion filled with friends and family to celebrate my 33 1/3rd birthday. It was so wonderful! Thank you to all that were able to come. It was so fun to see everyone. I just wish I could have spent more time with each of you.
On the invitation it said if you want to bring a gift it needs to be a 3rd of something. Here are some of the fun treats I received.
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate cranberries
- a necklace from a jewelry set that was missing the earrings
- 1/3rd of a bag of candy corn
- 3 bags of candy corn
- 1/3rd of a price of dinner at Macaroni Grill
- 1/3rd part of a date night - 1 movie ticket + babysitting
- 1/3rd of a pack of Orange Crush in bottles (the best way to drink orange pop)
- 1/3rd of a package of rolls for me and the rest for my family
- $33.33
- gift card to Barnes and Noble
- Book Titled "The Book Thief" - it was 30% off the cover price
- 3 bottles of Spa items - lotion, bath salts, body wash
- Gift certificate at Olive Garden to carb up for the triathlon
- movie "Get Smart"
I believe those were them all, Thank you all so much! It was such a fun night and a fun idea! Throw one for someone you love!
I'm so glad when Daddy comes home
10 years ago
2 comments:
get smart that is one awesome movie!!! sorry we didn't make it. It would have been fun.
That is awesome! Happy 33 1/3 Birthday! You deserve it! :)
Post a Comment