Last Saturday night Vern and I attended our adult session of Stake Conference. We actually paid for a babysitter (although she refused payment...I'll get her one day to accept it). I haven't been to one in 6 years due to children. I was prepared and feed Benjamin before the meeting, but halfway through the meeting he was starving again. Darn boys eat too much! So, I left and feed him. When he finished I headed back to the chapel and as I walked through the door I heard our Stake President say, "We would invite Sister Kindy Wolfley forward to bear her testimony for us on that topic." What! I was frozen in the doorway as everyone stared at me with aha looks and glad its not me looks. I shakingly gave Vern the baby and asked him what I was suppose to talk about, and luckily he knew. I couldn't stop shaking the rest of the meeting. It was nice to bear my testimony and luckily the members of the stake were very kind and smiled at me. This was a first for me and it still makes my heart beat faster when I think about it.
The conference was really good, aside from my testimony. Yesterday we had a broadcast conference for all of Arizona and I really enjoyed it! The talks were great! I just love going to my church meetings and feeling the Spirit of the Lord that reenergizes me to do good!
I'm so glad when Daddy comes home
10 years ago
2 comments:
Both you and Kim in the same weekend getting to bear your testimony! I am just glad that I didn't make it 3 out of 3!!
Yeah, I felt nervous just hearing about that. That is my nightmare. :) It was a good Sunday conference though.
Post a Comment