On Sunday, the 2nd of November, I learned how important thumbs are. I was slicing apples to make apple crisp for dinner. We were having a new family to our ward over for dinner. As I was slicing the apple on a mandolin (not the instrument) I put my thumb down too far and sliced a chunk out of my knuckle on my right thumb. It hurt. Vern was a great knight in shinning armor and got me to the ER (because it was Sunday and no Urgent Cares are open). They looked at my thumb and said no stiches, but you have to wear a splint for three days and cover it until it starts to cover over. Life is very hard without the use of my right thumb. Just getting the kids ready this morning took longer than normal.
So it looks like my goal as being a hand model has been "sliced" away! Vern took a picture but we thought it wouldn't be good to post it. Ask him if you want to see the divot.
1 comment:
Ouch! Let me know if you need a hand...err, thumb!
Post a Comment