Today I went to register Natalie at our school, Corte Sierra, for 1st grade in the fall. She attends Heritage Elementary Charter School because her birthday is 15 days after the cut off. Then she could transfer over to first grade after Kindergarten at the Charter school. Well, today they informed me that if she doesn't turn 6 before August 31st she can't start 1st grade. So, poor Natalie will get to do Kindergarten again. Bummer for her, but one of her church friends will be there with her. The agonizing part is all the driving we've done. Ugh. At least she will be more than ready for Kindergarten.
I'm so glad when Daddy comes home
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hey how is Heritage Charter school? I am thinking of putting Madie in, if they offer all day kindergarten. My neighbor loves the school!
That's not cheating. It's called "workin' the system." That's what I did for Cameron 5 years ago. She missed the deadline by 5 days! Only it sounds like they're getting more strick these days, too bad. It'll all work out in the end, just wait and see. Natalie will be at the TOP of her class!
Post a Comment