I just have to write quickly how much I love General Conference. I love the wonderful spirit of happiness, hope and joy it brings into my life after just 2 days. I think it sould be quarterly. Although I quess that is the purpose of the Ensign each month.
5 comments:
I agree! I love it! I remember when I used to dread it. But then somewhere along the way, I grew up. Katie actually stayed and listened to a lot of it this year and was actually able to tell about quite a few stories. Christian remembered a lot that she retold. I guess it is sinking in. I love being able to watch it at my house!
I love conference too!! I love the family time spent together snuggling up and watching it! Hey thanks for the bear suit!! I hope you got some use out of it:)
So nice to hear accolades about being excited for Conference. I totally agree w/everyone - love it too. I'm still surrounded by children who aren't as enthused. We even watched most of Saturday's session, yah! - A breakthrough. I did try something new this year that helped. Got a container of whoppers and put a list together of words for the kids to listen for, like "Lord" and "Prophet", etc. Every time they heard one of the words on my list, they got to get a whopper! Worked wonder's for their attention (especially the youngest two). One min. I'd think they really weren't listening while working on their conference packets. Then all of a sudden one would jump up and say, "He said atonement!" and go get a whopper, ha!
Kindy, you are so great to post something on your blog about conference. Here I am putting pictutres on my blog of what our neighbors throw into our backyard after parties. You apsire to more important things. Thanks for the reminder. But, like Stephanie, Annabelle and I implemented some fun activities to encourage conference listening. (I think one of them was an email from someone in the ward.) Annabelle would color a tie according to what was worn by one of the speakers. We did our own version of bingo where Annabelle placed a candy on a square everytime she heard a certain word. She was giggling when one speaker said temple about 15 times in his talk. But, the best moment arrived when Annabelle placed a piece of paper in front of me and said, "Here, Mommy this is your activity." I complied.
Hey, thanks for the "bingo" idea (I love getting new ideas) Lisa. I hadn't heard of that one and that might work better for Tess. She wasn't into jumping up for the whoppers, ha! Though Collin got so many he was willing to share them w/his big sister! So maybe the game aspect of it would be more fun for her and I could use another motivator, like the winner gets a gift card to Kohls or something, ha! The things we do for our kids, right?!
Post a Comment