Monday, June 29, 2009

Chillin In Utah

We drove up to Utah on Friday night for a week to hang out with the Bodily Family and firends! We've had a great time so far.
Saturday night (6/27) I had a mission reunion. Since I was at the tail end of The Clegg's mission I knew only a few that came that evening. It was good to see two former comps and the Clegg's. They are all great people. The kids loved playing at a great park in Holladay with all the other gazillion kids. The weather was perfect.
On Sunday the kids loved being able to walk to church and having dad sit with us, until he had to take the boys out to the foyer, with half of the other kids in the ward.
Today was a great day. I started the morning out with a run at 4500 ft. in altitude as oppsed to 1100 ft. in AZ. It was good the first mile, then the second mile was all uphill. I hope it will get easier as the week progresses.

Later this morning we all went to the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple Open House. The kids did great and I think they enjoyed it. The temple is beautiful! The kids really liked the cookies at the end too.

The Wolfley and Bodily Family with Grandma Wolfley outside the Temple

The Wolfley Family at the Temple

Meghan on the Oquirrah Mt. Temple Grounds

This afternoon while the kids slept and played with their cousins, Vern and I ran off to Church Distribution. I found Johnny Lingo! I was so excited! We watched it for FHE tonight and introduced it to the next generation. Hopefully the love will continue.
The kids are loving just playing and playing! I love it that they are so happy! I hope it lasts!

5 comments:

Kari said...

I am glad to hear that you guys are having a great time. It is hot and humid in AZ so enjoy the cooler weather! Madi misses Elena

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your having fun. I cannot wait 1 1/2 weeks until I'm out of this terrible heat. After I talked to you on the phone Annmarie asked if you were coming over

Stephanie said...

Bet you're having a blast. Kindy, you are too cute! So, what did your kids think of Johnny Lingo?

Jay and Rochelle said...

Amazing how much energy you have in cooler weather! I'm glad you had fun!

Tiffany said...

I'm glad your other half got to sit with you during sacrament:) hope your trip away from the extreme heat is/was awesome!!! Bring some of the cooler weather back home with ya, ok? :)