I went through my wedding pictures today and thought I would share some with everyone to remember that great day!
The Sherwood Family 2000, add 31 more people today and you've
got our family with one on the way for Greg and Nicole.
The Wolfley Family 2000, plus 12 more people today
The Wedding Party - Daniel Wolfley, Nancy Davis (Hunt), Dennis Wolfley, Kari Sherwood Rockwood, Clarke Layton, Rebekah Perkins Crawford, William H. Sherwood, Kathy Sherwood, Kindy Wolfley, Vern Wolfley III, Eileen Wolfley, Vern Wolfley, Jr.

The fabulous chocolate cake that I only got a little bit of...thanks wolfley boys.

The fabulous chocolate cake that I only got a little bit of...thanks wolfley boys.
In 9 years we have had quite a time. Here are 9 thoughts for the 9 years.
We have lived in a cute little apartment in Tempe and our current home in Litchfield Park.
We have had 5 beautiful children and love watching them grow, and marvel at what they teach us.
Vern had odd jobs when we married, but for the past 7 years has worked at Dysart USD. Kindy began as the bread winner at Camp Fire Boys and Girls, but has managed to stay at home while doing small jobs for Picture Me Foundation, substitute taught at Dysart USD and presently tend 3 children at home with all the others.
We have had many wonderful family vacations; Hawaii, cross country to Tennessee, Wyoming, Yellowstone, Washington State, Lopez Island, Puerto Penasco (aka Rocky Point), Colorado Springs, San Diego. They have all been very memorable and wonderful!
We have owned 4 cars. Ford F250 Full Size Truck(still running after 12 years), Frontier Truck (sold when we were pregnant with Elena), VW Passatt (Timing belt broke 3 weeks before Little Vern was born) and now our Ford Expedition EL.
Had great callings in church. Vern has worked with the Young Men in Scouts and now serves in our wards Bishopric. Kindy was the Enrichment Leader for the Relief Society in Tempe, then was the Activities Leader in Litchfield Park and now serves in the Primary as the Chorister (yes you can laugh, I don't have a great voice at all).
We have had lots of endurance events we have participated in. They began small with a 1 mile Turkey Trot in Mesa in 2000. They now include 6 Triathlons for Kindy (one was a world record with her family), Pioneer Trek for Vern, Pat's 4.2 mile run for Vern and 2 10Ks for Kindy. We have also done other small fun runs and 5Ks. We are trying to stay active so as to keep our waists at a good size. We are constantly working on it.
Camping has always been a constant in our family. Whether sleeping under the stars, to surviving wind gusts that were crazy we love doing it together. And eating Vern's tasty dutch oven cooking and gooey s'mores. (although my kids sure like toasted starbursts, thanks Drew)
Being together. A few years ago I asked Vern (after we lost once again in a Newlywed game type thing at his families house) what he truly likes to do. (I wanted to be prepared next time we played). He said that he likes to create and build things with the tools in the garage. Then I asked him if he know what I truly love to do. He couldn't pin point one thing, but he summed it up perfectly when he said, "whatever it is, you like to do it together as a family." He hit it dead on. I love being with my family. Maybe it is a curse being a middle child, but nothing makes me more happy than when we are all together. It doesn't matter what we are doing, as long as there is minor arguing. I am grateful for my chance to be a mother and wife. It is the dream coming true each day that I dreamed of when I was a young girl. Thanks Vern! I love you!




6 comments:
Congrats on 9 years! It was fun to see the pictures from your wedding - especially since we didn't make it. We must have lived in California at the time.
Kindy, I love your wedding picture. You look adorable, and you haven't aged in nine years (can't say so much for Vern. [I hope you know that I am joking here]).
Is it crazy to think that your family has added 31 people in the last nine years?
Best wishes to you a Vern as you reflect on your nine years together. You are a perfect couple. Love to you both.
What a cute couple then and now!
Wow! That's awesome Kindy. Love all the pictures. It's great getting to know you better. Loved hearing how much you've grown as a couple and family. I'm also learning that May is a popular month for anniversaries, ha! I have a May anniversary too:0)
I love all the pictures! I still wish I had made it there. Katie was excited to see pictures of Mesa.
I am so glad we made it together before we left. That was sooo fun. I wish we had done more of that! We love you guys and can't wait to see you again! You rock and I am glad you found a great husband like Vern. The best things are worth the wait!
Congrats for 9 years! The feelings only get stronger as time goes by... You guys look adorable in your wedding pictures and haven't aged a bit!
Post a Comment