Saturday, October 17, 2009

No more thumbs!



We are a thumb sucking free family as on this past Monday!!!!!!!!! Meghan and Little Vern have taken their thumbs out of their mouths and haven't put them back.


My friend Kimberly Bates told me about a product, Mavala STOP, that she bought on Amazon and used on her 4 year old son. It worked in a few days for him. I thought, surely I can try this...and it was a good price, compared to what braces are going to put me back.


The first night I gave it to Meghan she was so excited. But within an hour she wanted me to take the "nail polish" off. She even woke up at 1am begging me to take the nail polish off. She said I could put it back on when she turned 5 years old. By the following evening she was done. She hasn't put it back in since then and it has been about 3 weeks! We have our ultrasound pictures of Meghan and she is sucking her thumb, so this was quite the habit to break!


I "painted" Little Vern's thumb Monday morning the 12th. I think he only put his thumb in once that day. He hasn't done it since! It was actually kinda hard to watch him. He looked so sad, like I had just taken his best friend away. I am also so used to seeing him put his thumb in his mouth when he is tired or sitting by me as we relax and he plays with my hair or clothes. It was a sad but good thing.


So, yahoo! No more thumbs in the mouth for Meghan and Vern. I don't know what it tasted like, but it must be something awful!

8 comments:

Anna Elledge said...

Pass it along sister!! We need to try that. Abbys bandaids worked for a few days-but now she just pulls them off.

Anonymous said...

We have kept Jed's Glove on for over 2 weeks now. I figure 1 more week and we should be good. Jeffrey really needs this stuff. Glad your thunb free

Jay and Rochelle said...

LOL on Meghan's response about the polish! That is an accomplishment! I think I sucked my thumb until I was 10. Way to go!

Kari said...

Way to go! Be sure to bring it on Saturday for Maya! Hopefully she will do it as quickly as your too.

Joyce Wolfley said...

Yeah! Even your header picture looks like Little Vern is sucking on his thumb.

Cherylann and Mike said...

Nice! Congrats on warding off the Orthodontist. Hope it helps! :)

Tiffany said...

Way to go!! I wish they would've had that stuff when I was growing up! I swear I sucked my thumb til I was,like, 15!! No, not really, more like 11!! Horrible!! My mom used to put this stuff on my thumb...so I'd go to the bathroom and wash it right off. Good job!!!!:)

Stephanie said...

That's amazing! I agree w/Tiffany. My parents would have loved something like that. I remember my dad putting hot sauce on my thumb to get me to stop sucking it but it didn't work because I liked the hot sauce, ha! I didn't stop till I was 8! And yes, I had braces. But then, none of my children sucked their thumbs and they're all going to have to go through braces!