On March 3rd we had a Super Fun Saturday!
I got to go running early in the morning with my good friend Cynthia...it is our catch up time since we no longer serve in YW together. I sure enjoy chatting with her!
I got home and was determined to try to get the kids to do Saturday jobs (I am the worst in getting the kids to do jobs). Well...it worked (with a little bit of bribery with latter activities). My house was clean at 10 am and then out the door.
We first went to Home Depot to make a craft at their First Saturday event. It was suppose to be a race car since NASCAR was in town, but they were out...so the kids made either a helicopter or a heart basket. We took two friends as well, Hailey Galloway and Annabelle Higa. It was fun to watch my kids help each other with hammering. At one point Little Vern stood behind Benjamin and helped him hammer... I of course took to long to get the camera out. They all did a fantastic job with their wood work.

Little Vern helping Benjamin


Little Vern and Benjamin working hard...notice the tongue out.



The kids with their final woodwork!
Next we headed off to Camelback Ranch for a free Spring Training Preview for the LA Dodgers. No, I am not a Dodger fan...but the stadium is 2 miles from my house and the event was free. We got to see the stadium...it was beautiful...slightly different from the AAA Baseball stadium I grew up at watching the Rochester Red Wings. We watched them run bases, field balls and hitting practice (Natalie was sad she didn't get on off the baseballs that hit the grass seats). The highlight of course was the bounce slide and obstacle course followed with the balloon animals. You can't say I didn't try to introduce them to baseball.

The group in front of the field with their balloons.
We returned home...tired, but in good spirits. I then went grocery shopping...alone. That was heavenly...a little lonely...but still wonderful. The sad part was that I was craving a Apple Fritter Doughnut...it took 4 grocery stores to find one. Bad obsession.
At 6pm we got back in the car to head to Mesa High School to watch my nephew, Drew, perform in Beauty and the Beast. It was unbelievable. The set, the costumes, the performers were amazing...much more than any high school production I have ever seen. We took the girls and they still talk about it. Especially when their cousin, Drew, got pulled by his ear. It was great to watch it with the Rockwoods and Rapiers...who saved us super great seats! (Thank You) I also got to see my great friend from college and Camp Fire work, Jill Candland. Her kids were super cute kids in the musical. Such a fun treat to see friends.

Meghan and Natalie with Belle
We returned home at 11pm after a long but Super Fun Saturday...I love spending fun times with my kids!
I got to go running early in the morning with my good friend Cynthia...it is our catch up time since we no longer serve in YW together. I sure enjoy chatting with her!
I got home and was determined to try to get the kids to do Saturday jobs (I am the worst in getting the kids to do jobs). Well...it worked (with a little bit of bribery with latter activities). My house was clean at 10 am and then out the door.
We first went to Home Depot to make a craft at their First Saturday event. It was suppose to be a race car since NASCAR was in town, but they were out...so the kids made either a helicopter or a heart basket. We took two friends as well, Hailey Galloway and Annabelle Higa. It was fun to watch my kids help each other with hammering. At one point Little Vern stood behind Benjamin and helped him hammer... I of course took to long to get the camera out. They all did a fantastic job with their wood work.
Little Vern helping Benjamin
Little Vern and Benjamin working hard...notice the tongue out.
The kids with their final woodwork!
Next we headed off to Camelback Ranch for a free Spring Training Preview for the LA Dodgers. No, I am not a Dodger fan...but the stadium is 2 miles from my house and the event was free. We got to see the stadium...it was beautiful...slightly different from the AAA Baseball stadium I grew up at watching the Rochester Red Wings. We watched them run bases, field balls and hitting practice (Natalie was sad she didn't get on off the baseballs that hit the grass seats). The highlight of course was the bounce slide and obstacle course followed with the balloon animals. You can't say I didn't try to introduce them to baseball.
The group in front of the field with their balloons.
We returned home...tired, but in good spirits. I then went grocery shopping...alone. That was heavenly...a little lonely...but still wonderful. The sad part was that I was craving a Apple Fritter Doughnut...it took 4 grocery stores to find one. Bad obsession.
At 6pm we got back in the car to head to Mesa High School to watch my nephew, Drew, perform in Beauty and the Beast. It was unbelievable. The set, the costumes, the performers were amazing...much more than any high school production I have ever seen. We took the girls and they still talk about it. Especially when their cousin, Drew, got pulled by his ear. It was great to watch it with the Rockwoods and Rapiers...who saved us super great seats! (Thank You) I also got to see my great friend from college and Camp Fire work, Jill Candland. Her kids were super cute kids in the musical. Such a fun treat to see friends.
Meghan and Natalie with Belle
We returned home at 11pm after a long but Super Fun Saturday...I love spending fun times with my kids!
1 comment:
wow that is a crazy day!!!
Post a Comment