Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10 for Tuesday

1.  Love that I am sitting in my home and not sweating...80 degree weather is here!  I can't wait for the 70s, but I will be plenty happy with the 80s.  My early morning runs are perfect!
2.  Soccer is keeping Meghan and Little Vern Busy!  We have practice on Wednesday night ( I am coaching Meghan's team) and games on Saturday morning.  It is fun for them and me.  I have made some good friends in the soccer program we are a part of, Strikers soccer.  Good people.  Little Vern loves soccer so much that it is the carrot I dangle for him to get things done.
3.  Elena had her first school social outside of school at a pizza place.  It was a weird feeling to drop her and her lifelong friend, Hailey, off and watch them walk in alone.  Darn it that kids grow up too quick.  She came home all excited and happy...must have been a good social.  Mind you there were plenty of parents around.
4.  Vern was off on his annual Scout Camporee at Dead Horse Ranch State Park.  600 scouts at one place.  He said it went well and he got to work The Wall.  Troops had to get their entire group over the 9 foot wall without any outside help.  One group did it in 1 1/2 minutes.  That's amazing.  Oh to be young and have arm strength.
5.  We were lucky to have a special Stake Meeting, where Elder Causse of the Presiding Bishopric spoke with us.  He was a wonderful speaker and shared some great thoughts.  Here are a few.
Elder Gérald Caussé                                     a.  When you are asked  if you will leave everything for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, realize that you already made that covenant with the Lord when you entered the Temple, so it shouldn't be a hard choice.
                                     b.  He quoted Elder Anderson from a training the day before and said that we should be excited about all the things we have before us in our lives.  Great things will happen.  Be Optimistic.
                                     c.  He had a good sense of humor and said, "Most Europeans come to America to tour Canyons, Forests, etc... I am coming to tour Stake Centers."  He is from France.
                                      d.  He left me with a good feeling of this is a great time to be alive, be willing and able to do what the we are asked to do, and prepare my children constantly through good actions, words and deeds.
6.  I volunteered to help get a craft ready for Meghan's 1st grade Fall Social since I can't go.  So this weekend the girls and I cut 90 scarecrow hats, hair, etc.  It was fun to create something fun for the kids at their school since I can't volunteer time.  Also, I made all of it for $3.20.  I felt so frugal...much thanks to my friend, Lynette, that supplied the paper free of charge.
7.  We are playing outside in the afternoon again.  It is so nice to be outside!  The kids are just loving it...all is good, but the mud pit they found yesterday...but they were happy.
8.  Last night we had a helicopter over us for about 30-45 minutes.  Nothing spookes you out like looking out your front window and seeing flashlights all over the grassy field across from your home.  Not fully sure what happened, but we think someone was missing from a nearby home.  Hope all is well...I wish there was a website I could go to find out what really happened.
9.  Love my kiddos.  We learned the song "5 Little Pumpkins" in the preschool I do with Benjamin.  They love that song.  Last Thursday Natalie created a stage and they performed the song.
10.  Kiddos are on the quest for a puppy right now.  Please don't encourage them.  We don't live where it is conducive to having one.  They are cute, but we aren't well trained for one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love Benjamin's singing at the end! thanks for the comments on the talk.