Tuesday, November 6, 2012

10 for Tuesday

 1.  Halloween was a hit last week for my children.  Many late nights in a row...but plenty of fun parties, carving pumpkins and great time trick or treating.   Many thanks to those that helped with our costumes.

Kids ready for CANDY!

5 little Pumpkins at the Thompson's home
Snoopy, Jake the Neverland Pirate, Bumblebee Transformer, Hippie and Clown


2.  Natalie had a science experiment for school.  She did the Exploding Lunch Bag.  Lots of fun watching it explode.  Vern even got out his lab notebook for her to record information on and his beakers to measure items in.  So much better having Vern home this year at night to help with homework.
3.  The kids had their Primary Program on October 28th.  It was our first and only program that all the children will be a part of.  They each said their lines well.  Sang well and sat pretty well.  We were ready for Benjamin to fall asleep at any moment.  Love the Primary Program.  We have great leaders in our Ward that put it together and get the kids to perform well:)
4.  Super excited because we are all going to visit my parents and grandparents for 3 days in Denver at the beginning of December.  We found amazing tickets on Southwest!  Glad that we can all get up there.  I also get to see a missionary companion, that I trained and haven't seen since I left Italy.  Can't wait!
5.  Bummer...I went to get my oil changed and found out that all of our brakes are bad.  I guess when you are at 94000 miles things start to go.  Poor Vern went to get them checked at another place and spent 4 hours there.  Lucky for him, he had his Wall Street Journal and IPhone.  Love cars...but hate the upkeep.  How can it already be 6 years old when I still think it as my new car.
6.  Our green grass is popping up in our front and back yard.  So green and soft.  It makes me happy to see it and the kids can't wait to get on it...One more week.
7.  I love hamburgers...more especially cheeseburgers.  Vern and I finally had a date on Saturday and searched for a good cheese burger without having to pay for a server.  We ate at Culver's.  Good burger and great fries.  It sure did the fix for now.
8.  On our date we went to the I store to get a wire.  I had to go to the mall.  I haven't been to a mall in YEARS!  I remembered why I don't go there.  It was so loud and I felt out of place.  Not my Goodwill or Target.
9.  Elena tried out for her school soccer team this weekend.  We find out tonight if she made the A or B team.  It has been nerve racking for me.  I think because it is the first time I have put my daughter out to be judged by others.  I am more nervous than her.  I am in trouble with 4 kids more to go through this type of thing many times.
10.   Changed my family room around last week.  So fun...I tell Vern that since I like change in the house...it is cheaper for me to rearrange the room, than get new furniture.  He just has to live with it.  Hope it grows on him.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the action shots! Can't wait to see pics of the new family room.

Kari said...

take a picutre of your family room! i am dyig to see what you did! Love the costumes for halloween and hope that Elena made the A team!!

Kari said...

take a picture of your family room! Cant wait to see it! hope that Elean makes the A Team!

Anonymous said...

I love culvers!!! i thought it was just a midwest thing.