Tuesday, November 13, 2012

10 for Tuesday

1.  We were blessed with many little things we needed this past week.  Friends brought us berries when I ran out of jam so I could make more without having to buy more, ran out of bread after making the girl's lunches and more showed up 2 hours later along with lots of salad which we had run out of.  Many thanks to the kindness of others and to Heavenly Father...He always knows what we need.
2.  Vern went on his annual Deer Hunt with his dad and brother, Aaron.  They left on the 8th and returned on the 12th.  Sad trip...they didn't see any deer in 4 days.
3.  While Vern was gone we had fun.  Friday we went to the grocery store for dinner.  I gave each child $3 to buy whatever they wanted for dinner.  They had fun and as you can see chose very healthy things.  Elena and Natalie actually worked together and combined their money to get more!
Natalie and Elena with a tasty dinner!
Little Vern got just what he wanted.  But ate too many cheetos he didn't eat his pizza rolls.
Meghan was so happy for her powerade.
Benjamin hiding behind his food!
 4.  Saturday morning started early with my morning run with my friend, Cynthia.  Then I had to get Meghan and Little Vern to soccer pictures at 7am.  Followed by 3 soccer games that morning.  The air was crisp...the kids played great...perfect Saturday morning in the Fall.  It was a great day.  They played creatively all Saturday afternoon.  So fun!
5.  Saturday night I dropped the kids off at babysitting group and Natalie and Elena got their haircut.  Talk about a great deal.  Elena was thrilled to get side bangs and Natalie was glad to get hers styled again.
Natalie before
Natalie after
Elena Before
Elena After
6.  After I dropped of the kids I went to our Adult Stake Conference Meeting with friends Cynthia and Mike Clark in their sweet Astro Van.  It was an incredible meeting.  I love attending our meeting!  Here are a few thoughts our Stake President shared with us.
* What are your acts of rebellion and bury them like the Anti-Nephi's did.
* We must be CONSISTENT as parents.
* We must help to build a strong testimony in our youth so they can be strong in a world that is becoming super casual.
*We can't be casual.
* We must be the guardians of teaching and raising our children.
* Remember even the elect with be challenged.
* Speak more of Christ.
* Repent
It is a true blessing to be able to hear wise consul from wise leaders in such a wonderful environment.  Our 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency spoke about how nothing is too hard for Jesus to help us...which goes perfect with all we were asked to do.
7.  Sunday was another amazing Stake Conference.  We viewed a broadcast with the 95 stakes in the state of Arizona.  Bishop Stevenson, Sister Esplin, Elder Holland and President Eyring spoke.  They once again gave amazing consul.  We need to remember to pray, treat the missionaries they way we would want our children treated, and be optimistic.  I would have taken better notes, but Benjamin had a lot of energy.
8.  We had our first Ragnar Meeting for our Del Sol team.  We have a few changes this year...but it will be wonderful as always.  Always fun to hang out with our friends.
9.  Monday was Veteran's Day, so the kids were home.  Long awaited face painting was granted.   Here are the artists in work and their masterpieces.
Meghan with a Dragon Face
Elena painting Benjamin's face
Hailey G. painting Vern's face
Hailey painting Natalie's face
Natalie painted Charlotte's face purple and then she wanted it off.

Three Fierce Tigers!
10.  We had dinner twice this weekend with our Wolfley cousins.  It is fun to visit with them and watch the cousin's play together.  I am grateful for the family I married into.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the face painting and the dinner idea. I might need to try that out.