Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Living the High Life in High Country Colorado

So, it has been a long while since the last post, and if this is going to be my journal in a sense I need to keep up to date.

We have been at my parents in Colorado for the last week and are having a good time. The kids got to sled the first day we were here and had a blast. Unfortunately, the weather has been in the 50s+ everyday since we haven't been out there again. Here are the highlights so far.
*good driving conditions from Phoenix to Woodland Park on 12/26 (vern drove the whole trip in a day)
* hearing Elena giggle as she went down the hill on the sled for the first time
* watching all the kids (minus Benjamin) sledding and having fun
* no television (a few dvds though)
* going to Sunday School and Relief Society
* All of us have a bad cold - not so good
* Good is my mom is the superwomen I need so that I can rest and get better while she takes care of the kids
* Going to Target on first 75% off day and scoring good deals with my mom - I usually get there 2 days later and get nothing
* Going to Denver Zoo with Vern, the kids and my mom. That Zoo is awesome!!!!!!!!!
* Benjamin sleeping for the entire 3 1/2 hours there
* Visiting with my Grandmother Jensen for a bit
* Celebrating New YEars at 7:30pm because it is so dark around here that no one knows the difference - although we missed the Galloways

We have another 2 days of the trip and I am enjoying a true vacation! My parents rock!

No comments: