Saturday, January 10, 2009

Frist 5K of the Year

This morning while the girls were at a Primary Day Activity, Vern and I ran in a 5K at the YMCA. It felt good! Vern did awesome! We are going to do it every month and hope to drop a minute each month. On a side note, the guy who won was a dead ringer for Jefe.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Way to go!!! That is a great goal to have! You guys are awesome!

Anderson Clan said...

Kindy, that was me who won the race...I don't want to toot my own horn but (toooooot). I plan on flying all over the nation entering obscure little 5k's that I figure I can win, just to keep my self esteem/ego up.

Now when you say he was a dead ringer for me, that obviously means he was ruggedly handsome, built like Hercules and as agile and fast a as a gazelle. What a compliment you bestowed on this guy.

Congrats on the race...good luck with the goal. Some neighbors and I just put in for the Spudman Triathlon in Burley ID. It is a lottery system so we will see if we get in.

Anonymous said...

That is totally cool that you have the ability to do that. Keep it up.

Tiffany said...

Y'ALL ROCK!!! WOW!! I wish I had the guts...endurance to do that...well, not really b/c I HATE RUNNING! But I think I might wish I had the guts to do it just once, just to say I did it, but not really. :) A/W---I'm think you both are totally 'narly' (how ever you spell that 80 's word!) for accomplishing that!!

Greg and Nicolle said...

BROTHER JOSEPH WON

Kindy said...

Jefe, I am glad to see you are still the same humble cousin I know and love.