Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Pull Up!

I did a pull up today! Okay it was an assisted one at a machine at the gym, but it sure felt great pulling myself higher than thebar. I have always cursed my arm strength because I never got the Presidential Fitness Award in school because of the stinking arm hang/pull up(starting inJr.High). It was embarrassing to 100% in the other areas and -% in the arm strength area. Now I feel good about myself. I do one day want to be able to do a real pull up, but I have a lot to lose before I can do that.

4 comments:

Kari said...

HURRAY!!!!

I have never been able to do one either. way to go

Anonymous said...

Way to go. Bobby made that my goal for the year. I think he expects me to do more than one though. Dangit

Tiffany said...

I've never been able to do one either! My trainer said that 99% (...most) women will never be able to do them b/c we just aren't built for that kind of strength. I'll just believe that and not feel bad that I can't do one:) ..i still do want to be able to do ONE...eventually.

Jay and Rochelle said...

Excellent! Never have been able to do that, no desire to do it! Keep up the great work!