Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm not a bad mom


Today was Meghan's visit at the AZ Pediatric Dentist office. We got good news and bad news. The good news is that her teeth problems are not due to neglect on our part. She has bad teeth. While they were developing they didn't do it correctly so they are low on enamel or something like that, so their decay is bound to happen. So I am not a bad mom because I don't take the best of care with her teeth. The dentist was great and Meghan sat great for her x-rays. The bad news was even before the dentist saying anything I could see in her xrays that her teeth are crowding below. Ugh. Orthordontists in the future, also to help fix her teeth from her thumb sucking habit. Better start saving now. So she is going to have some serious work done on her teeth in three weeks. All in all, financially, we are paying pretty much what we would have paid at our dentists for the same work, plus the fee for sedation. So wish us luck on June 4th that they can get it all done that day!

3 comments:

The Ridings said...

Poor girl! Nothing is worse than a Dentist visit!

Stephanie said...

Ouch, that hurts! Poor Megan:0(

Stanford, Lisa, Annabelle said...

I can completely relate to Megan. I inherited bad teeth from some ancestor. Despite my very thorough oral hygiene practices, I still have cavaties and root canals.

Tell Megan I can sympathize with her; it's really quite unfair.