Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Dentist Visit(s)



Why is it that you can feel like a good mother until you take your kids to the dentist? Don't get me wrong...going to the dentist 2 times a year is important and we do that, but when they come and tell you the problems your children's teeth have I just want to hide. Ugh!


2 weeks ago we all went and Meghan had her first visit. Her teeth have some major issues. Since she wouldn't sit still they referred her to a pediatric dentist. That dentist doesn't take our insurance, of course, and come to find out no pediatric dentist does. We can get a 25% discount. So, being frugal I called our provider and found a dentist that would take Meghan (she is only 3 1/2 years old). Tuesday morning I got a babysitter for my boys and took off to North Tucson, okay South Chandler, for her dentist appointment. After an hour drive we walk in the door and the receptionist says, I tried to call you and tell you the doctor can't see you today. (She called at 10:15am when the appointment was at 11:40am). Then she tells me that the doctor said that she shouldn't have made the appointment because Meghan is took young. Ugh. Luckily for the lady I am a nice person and said, okay and have a nice day. So we returned home and after a 2 1/2 hour trip I called the Pediatric Dentistry on our list and made an appointment for tomorrow, Thursday. It is about 5 minutes from my house. I tried to find a cheaper way to get the work done, but no go. Bummer. I hope Meghan does well for the dentist tomorrow and we can get it taken care of quickly!
On a good note, Meghan is out of pull ups at night and has been dry for 3 nights straight! Wahoo!

2 comments:

Stanford, Lisa, Annabelle said...

Kindy you are too nice. I don't know if I could have articulated the phrase, "Have a nice day," after that.

I hope your adventure at the dentist goes well.

What dentist did you finally choose? We take Annabelle to Hilger's Children's Dentistry. They make the experience so nice for her. In fact, I wish I could use the practive for my dental needs, for I so dread visits to the dentist.

Kari said...

Good luck - I am sure that she will do great! And congrats about 3 nights dry - hurray!