2. Meghan turned 6 years old on September 8th! She was so excited. We love Meghan in our home. She brings a happiness to the home and has an ability to plan sweet and fun with the girls and can then switch and play with the boys in a heartbeat. I guess that is what happens when you are in the middle. She got her new Barbie and a trip to Baskins and Robbins for her birthday ice cream. They even had her Bubble Gum ice cream. (ugh, but I remember always ordering it at Riccio's)
3. Little Vern was treated by his good friend Cougar to go and see a Pirate Puppet Show with his preschool class. Little Vern loved it. He is searching for maps everywhere now and wants to find treasure. I am so grateful for good friends that help my kids get out and about.
4. Vern (my husband) went to Medi Fast also on Thursday ( i should have done 3 for Thursday). He is determined to drop his weight. I am glad to see him do this. It can only benefit his health and our family. It seems to be a great program. Pray for Vern that he sticks with it. On Day 5 he is doing well (and that was after a 2 day liquid diet).
5. September 9-10 was our wards Daddy Daughter Camp out at Sparks Campground outside Payson, AZ. It is the number one event for my girls. This year Vern had a final scheduled for the same night:( So once again, our good friends saved our children. Elena and Natalie went with the Holt family on the outing. They had so much fun. They got up there in the daylight, played all night long, played in the morning and then hiked Fossil Springs. It is a good long hike and they survived. I am jealous because I have never done that hike yet and I would love to go there. Hopefully in October.
6. While the girls were away Meghan had her birthday party on Friday the 9th. It was a Barbie theme. The girls were so giggly that half the time I couldn't understand them. Gotta love 6 year old girls. I even attempted a Barbie cake...through lots of phone calls for advice. The only casualty came when we lit the candles and part of the Barbie's hair burned. Opps. Good thing it came from the Dollar Store.
7. Saturday was a nice day. Vern's brother, Aaron, is being deployed to Afghanistan on Friday so the entire family was in town for one last get together before he returns in March 2012. We went and did sealings at the AZ Mesa Temple. It was super nice, but I missed Vern because he was still at work. That night we had a great dinner at Anna's house. Yummy. Good times with lots of little Wolfley's around.
8. Weather...this past weekend and two days were wonderful. It didn't get over 100 and it even rained some. We are all ready for the summer heat to go far away. I can't say it enough...I love it when it is overcast! I think because that is what I grew up with in Victor.
9. I love being a mom. It is wonderful...and it is offering me chances to learn new things...and how to deal with things.
10. The big day came yesterday the 13th. Barbie goes to Charm School movie came out. Meghan spent her birthday money so she could get this movie the day it came out. They watched it yesterday and loved it...like they do for all Barbie movies.
Life is good.
3 comments:
That is so funny that Barbie's hair caught on fire... totally something I would do!
I love your updates! Your family pictures are wonderful, such beautiful kids. Good luck to Vern. I know other people that have used it and done well. As you know we have struggled too. We finally have something that is working and that I think is actually really easy to do. No food, supplements or anything to buy. Just nutrition classes online. IF you are interested, I will be glad to share. PS, I have lost 34 lbs on it since mid-May! Mike has lost over 35. Love ya!
Cherylann that is awesome! Maybe you will have to share you knowledge!
Post a Comment