Tuesday comes faster each week.
1. Last Wednesday I began tending 2 brothers age 3 1/2 and 18months. It is MWF. It has gone well so far. Grateful because it will help out financially.
2. Elena is beginning violin at her school, so we got her a violin...it should come tomorrow and I hope it is good. I put a lot of trust in peoples reviews online. Lets hope she practices well. I am excited because she has lessons at school and it is only $50 a semester. That fits my budget.
3. We got to attend two baptisms of 8 year olds from Natalie's primary class. It was fun to go with Natalie and see her get excited for her baptism in 3 weeks!
4. Elena has had birthday money burning a whole in her pocket...so I told her we would go on Labor Day. I don't know which side she gets it from (not mine) but we spent 2 hours in 2 stores yesterday and she got 2 things. Ugh. I don't like shopping very much...especially when it costs more than what I could get it for at GW. Elena just couldn't leave a store without buying something.
5. We had a yummy and fun Sherwood dinner at my sister, Kim's, home on Sunday evening. It is always fun to spend time with Kim, Kari and Scott. We missed Bryant and Tanna.
6. Meghan and Elena slept over at their cousins on Saturday night. I thought Sacrament Mtg. would be easier with only 3 kids. I realized it isn't them...it is my fantastic boys. Love them, but I would love them to learn how to sit quietly.
7. Vern is getting ready for his first finals this week. Hope they go well. I am glad that it isn't me.
8. Thanks to our friends, the Leavitts, I got my Living Room back. Last fall, Vern received an air hockey table from a co-worker. It went right in front of my hutch in my Living room. It was used at first, but for the past 4 months it has been a piling spot. Glad to have it go to a home that will use it more.
9. At church on Sunday I received a new visiting teaching route with a new companion and new sisters to visit. I loved visiting my sisters and I will miss those visits each month. I will miss my companion, Heidi. She was awesome and always got us out there. I am excited to get to know my new sisters and companion better. Gotta love change.
10. College Football began last weekend. I don't know why, but I love watching college football. I think I follow it more than Vern does. It was fun to sit down on Saturday with my kids and start them on the Fall Saturday tradition. The only problem was our TV. It is a 30 year old big screen TV. The resolution is starting to not be great at all. When they showed the whole field for the football play I couldn't tell who had the ball. I guess it is time to look for a new TV. Any ideas?
I'm so glad when Daddy comes home
10 years ago
3 comments:
Costco has great tv's and they are a ton less than they used to be. We love our Vizo.
We had a foosball table the was the same as your air hockey table. Great for a few months then just took up space. It was great to pass it onto a family of 4 boys.
i totally agree with Karen - we have gotten 3 tvs from Costco - all vizio and love them.
Post a Comment