Saturday Morning (4/18) started early. 5am early. Vern was off to run the Pat's Run in Tempe at 7am. It is a 4.2 mile run to celebrate Pat Tilman's life and dedication to our country. He was an ASU football player and then a Cardinal player before he died in Afganistan as an Army Ranger. Every year they have a run to remember him. Vern decided last year that he would be there this year and he ran it in just over one hour! I am so proud of him. He has worked hard and continues to do great!

Our fabulous bikes on loan from the Rapier bike shop.
At 5:30am I (kindy) and my sister, Karen went over to Litchfield Park Rec Center to participate in their second annual Triathlon. It went well. It was 300 m. swim, 8.4 mile bike ride and 2 mile run. The pool was heated...a little too warm. It all went well except when I followed the runner in front of me and missed a turn off. Don't worry...I went back and corrected myself (thanks to Karen's reminder...twice). Karen came in 2nd place in our age division of 25-34 year olds. With a time of 57 minutes. I can in 5 minutes later, but didn't place in the top 3 spots. Darn it. Watch out Karen...next time my legs won't be so dead for a mile and I'll get you.
Karen and Kindy feeling awesome we did well.
We all finished our races by 9ish and we headed for home. Lots of thanks goes out to my mother in law, Eileen Wolfley, for coming at 5:30am to watch all 9 kids and then to Karen's mother-in-law, Carmen and Michelle Scott for taking over at 8am. They were lifesavers.
A kind family in our ward called and asked us if we wanted to have their trampoline so because we can't say No to anything for free we scooped it up and got it all set up for the kids. As you can see in the photo...it takes up half of our 48 X20 foot backyard. Love it. The kids are so excited. But sad this morning when I wouldn't let them jump on it on Sunday. I am such a mean mom.
The girls try out the trampoline wetted down since it was so warm yesterday!
Needless to say we were all asleep by 8:30pm last night and slept great all night! What a fun day we had and hope for a jumping good time this week and many more to come on the trampoline. ( I hope I don't do anything irrational trying to impress the kids on the tramp, I don't think the body is like it was 15 years ago).



5 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed just by getting out of bed that early. The rest of it is just beyond me. And you are lookin' rockin' Kindy. I need to run, walk, whatever my bum to shape! That is awesome!
P.S. Congrats on being in the mean mom club. It is a good place to be. :)
Sounds like a great busy day! You guys are so awesome to keep up with the running and triathlons, and such a great example to your kids!
You guys did great!! We did the same thing on our trampoline as well! You kids will LOVE IT!!!
You forgot to mention the crazy lady swimmer in the pool, the one you followed the wrong way on the run. Thanks for letting us crash with you
Kindy, I am so glad to read your blog. I had no idea that you were training for and participating in marathons. I am so impressed! And, I bet you would have finished in the top three if that crazy swimmer lady had not led you astray.
To think, I see you once a week, but there is so much I don't know about your life. (There's a social commentary in that fact somewhere; I will have to contemplate it more and then write about it on my blog.)
And, why wouldn't you try to impress your children with some superfly trampoline moves? They've got to know that mom is still cool.
Post a Comment